We are seeking to employ a motivated and skilled Junior IT Technician to provide technical support to our organisation. Smart Technologies Limited is a leading provider of innovative technology solutions in Malta, specializing in software development, IT support, and network services. The successful candidate will work under the guidance of the senior IT staff to maintain and troubleshoot computer hardware, software, and network systems. The candidate should have a strong understanding of various operating systems, hardware components, and network protocols.
- Deliver day-to-day IT and desktop support via telephone, email, remotely or on-site.
- Install and configure computer hardware, software, and peripheral devices.
- Assist in the maintenance and troubleshooting of computer systems, printers, servers and other network equipment.
- Respond to user requests for technical assistance and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Provide end-user support for all software applications, including email and other communication tools.
- Perform regular system backups and data recovery procedures.
- Document all technical support activities and update knowledge base.
- Conduct routine system maintenance tasks such as updates and patches.
- Support network infrastructure and connectivity, including LAN, WAN, and VPN
Qualifications and Requirements
- IT-related diploma, or currently studying on a part-time basis for an IT diploma or degree
- Preferably hold an A+ IT Technician certification
- 1-2 years’ experience in technical support or a related field.
- Familiarity with Windows and Mac operating systems.
- Knowledge of computer hardware components and troubleshooting.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and other productivity applications.
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with other team members.
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to be a team player and to work in a fast-paced environment.
This is a full-time position with opportunities for growth within the company. As a leading technology solutions provider in Malta, Smart Technologies Limited offers a dynamic and innovative work environment that encourages creativity and collaboration. If you are passionate about technology, enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, and have a strong attention to detail and team-oriented mindset, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
How to apply
Candidates are to forward a copy of their Curriculum Vitae (CV), qualifications and an accompanying covering letter to email@example.com