We are looking to employ a Systems Engineer to join our team and allow us to enhance the services we offer to our expanding enterprise client base.
About Smart Technologies
Over the years, Smart Technologies has established itself as a leading provider of IT Infrastructure and Professional services, in areas such as Cabling Systems, Networking, and Wifi services, the provision of the latest Mobility Solutions, and holistic approach to IT Security. Smart Technologies is also at the forefront in the delivery of the trio of complementary Server, Storage, and Visualisation services. All these services are underlined by a commitment to longer-term support through Smart Technologies’ managed services, designed to maximize the performance and reliability of clients’ IT set up.
Requirements for the post:
The successful candidate will possess the following qualities:
- Ability and genuine interest to learn, understand and apply new technologies
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively both independently with minimum supervision, and as part of a team
- Strong experience working in either on–premise or cloud environments, preferably both
- Experience and knowledge of one or more server operating systems (Windows or Linux)
- Knowledge and past experience with enterprise storage (SAN and NAS) technologies and platforms (the latter would be considered an asset)
- Knowledge and experience with some programming/script languages (e.g. Powershell, Perl, UNIX batch scripts, etc.) and/or programming on cloud platforms (e.g. Azure, AWS) (the latter would be considered an asset)
- Experience managing VMWare VSphere environments and other virtualization technologies (the latter would be considered an asset)
- Experience with the latest DevOps tools and underlying architecture (eg. Docker, Chef, Puppet) (the latter would be considered an asset)
- System Administration (e.g. Microsoft MCSA/MCSE, Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)) and/or Cloud Technology (e.g. Azure, AWS) Certifications (the latter would be considered an asset)
- An MQF Level 5 qualification (or higher) in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent, OR previous experience working in an enterprise IT environment, with at least four years experience as a preference.
Send us your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org