Business Development Manager: Artificial Intelligence (AI) Sector
The Business Development Manager (BDM) will manage various projects across new and existing client and act as a customer engagement professional within Smart Technologies Limited (STL). AI is a new, rapidly growing and exciting area, and within the STL group they have acquired a robust product by offering a complete AI solution.
The unified AI software platform automates the delivery and use of data in enterprises through AI and machine learning. The company is focused on three key vertical segments: insurance, financial services and telecommunications.
Core to the successful implementation fo solutions is engaging with management teams to understand their big data pain points in order to create appropriate algorithms and data learning models. The AI platform can be deployed in multiple ways depending on customer needs and incorporates flexibility on both data input and output levels.
The ideal candidate will have experience in B”B sales, as well as skills related to strategic analysis and direct customer marketing. You will be responsible for identifying leads and developing client relationship and nurturing existing client relationships. A successful BDM must have solid sales, client management and problem-solving skills, and the ability to build strong relationships with client and internal teams in multiple geographies.
- Identify potential clients in the target market and complete appropriate research on the prospective client’s business and technical needs
- Partner with pre-sales and production teams to create contract-winning proposals for current and prospective clients
- Identify, qualify and quantify opportunities
- Drive opportunities from lead generation all the way to closure
- Ensure customer success and satisfaction
- Understand the current client’s business and technical requirements
- Become a subject matter expert on the AI business products, processes and operations, and remain up to date on industry news.
- Keep track of current business opportunities
- Interface with production and technology teams across different time zones and cultures
- Generate and manage high-value profitable business deals
- Identify, track and manage KPIs and provide internally and client-facing status reports; providing executive updates including account progress, health, risk and opportunities
- Attend tradeshows and support marketing efforts by contributing to case studies and social media
- Assist in building overall plans/budget and subsequent adherence; own the overall financial health of assigned client engagements; drive efficiencies across process, people and technology
- Manage stakeholder communication around owned business and accounts
- Assist in training and adoption of technologies and services for client teams
- Propose and implement new innovative offerings
As a BDM, you are a:
- Creative thinker – You are curious and unafraid to ask question
- Hard worker – You are industrious and diligent in everything you do
- Innovator – You are willing to initiate changes and introduce new ideas
- Proven experience defining project logistics, resources, and production processes
- Excellent planning, organizational l and communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Independent, self-motivated, results-oriented and dynamic
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and with geographically dispersed teams
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Advanced knowledge of project management and reporting tools
Your experience includes:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence or related fields
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a B2B role
- Prior experience in managing complex projects
- Prior experience in client consulting, solutions design and sales methodologies
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint as well as Google Sheets, Docs and slides and industry-specific analysis software
- Basic understanding of the industry, with the ability to become a subject matter expert on the job
- Innovation and problem-solving skills that include the ability to develop and propose expert data solutions for our clients
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with proven ability to work under pressure and delivery against deadlines
Desired skills include:
- Prior experience in the Artificial Intelligence industry
- Ability to multitask and organize administrative work
- Degree in Machine Intelligence, Artificial Intelligence, Project Management or related discipline.
- Proficiency in a foreign language
- A strong consulting background is preferred but not a requirement
Forcive is a unified software platform that automates the delivery and use of data in enterprises through AI and machine learning.
The company is focused on three key vertical segments: insurance, financial services and telecommunications.
Core to the successful implementation of solutions is working with prospective clients or channel partners to understand the big data pain points in order to apply appropriate algorithms and data leaning models.
The Forcive platform can be deployed in multiple ways depending on client needs and incorporate flexibility on both data input and output levels.
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Information Technology
- Business/Sales Development
- Client Management
Estimated pay range
- Commensurate with experience and job fit